Tuesday, December 20, 2005




Lying in a warm bath

my thoughts slowed by the heat of the water
feeling dizzy
my face growing hot
sweat dripping down my face.
I take the razor
looking at my reflection
seeing all my demons
clearer than ever before
making me cry out
to god
or whatever divine force is up above
tell me which way to go
hearing nothing
except the static
thats growing louder in my ears
drowning out the dripping of the tap
the sound of the razor
being slid off the edge of the tub
drowning out my now shallow breath
looking at my reflection
the beautiful way it shines in my hand
Thinking for a moment is this a mistake
short lived like everything else in my life
isnt long before I firm my mind
letting the heat and the static take over
bearing my wrist
introducing it to the blade
slowly sliding it up my arm
as the blood begins to escape
dripping down my arm
I watch it as it pours into the hotwater
swirling and mixing
dizzyness and confusion comes quickly
I can feel every heartbeat
every pulse of blood
flowing through my body
and out of my arm
I lay back naked
alone
bleeding
and dying
my eyes going dark
my breath becoming still
fading
fading
into oblivion


No comments: