Monday, October 08, 2007

Apple Pickin' Commentary

Let me first just say, between me and my friend we picked 80LBS of apples in less than an hour. I finally went apple picking, I haven't been for years and it's an activity that really welcomes fall in my mind. We went on the tractor you see behind me in that photo at the bottom that took us to the field where there were the trees we could pick from. Then we were on our own after that. Let me tell you, lugging those damn buckets was torture, even though we didn't have to lug them all the back to the building where we had to pay it was rough. After we laughed, and raped a few trees. We decided we needed to fill up our third bucket with delectable Golden Delicious. It was only a short walk from the building where we had to put our apples on the scale for weighing. So we lugged our buckets, grunting and groaning to the G.D. trees and filled that up in like 10 minutes. Surprisingly enough the trees weren't bare yet. Then it was the haul back to the building. We shared the lugging, my friend carried it half way , I the other half. It was murder on the ole arm sockets, that's for sure.

And thus begins Fall, baking, and everything apple for the next month.

No comments: