Saturday, October 20, 2007

A box of chocolates...

So, today, finally, our application for Erica's Fiance Visa to move to South Australia has been submitted to the lawyer I hired back in March. I walked in with a stack of paperwork a good 8 inches thick. He will then put it all into order, fixing anything that needs it, then post it to Washington DC. He told me if we had really good luck, it could be approved in 2 months time, meaning Erica and I can once again have Valentines together...a more blissful two days I have never had in my whole entire life. I truly cannot wait.

It's been just over two years since Erica and I first met, online, by pure chance playing Yahoo! Literati, and here we are now hoping to get her over here with me, to start a new life together. Personally, I think she is one of the bravest people I've ever met, willing to give up everything she knows back in the US, family, friends, the place, everything, just to be with me. Just lil 'ol Me
For that I will be eternally grateful, and I will appreciate her, honour, love and adore her for the rest of her life, and I just want anyone who reads this blog to know that, for I am a man of my word, as Erica discovered when I came walking up the ramp way in Rochester airport back in February.
Taking that 10,000 mile flight was the best thing I've ever done in my life, meeting Erica in person for the first time was the best moment of my life, and when I first held her in my arms, I knew she was "The One".
If someone told me a few years back that come early '08 I'd be marrying an American lass that I'd met over the internet and fallen in love with, I would have laughed at them and told them to stop smokin' used toilet paper...it's funny where life takes you.

Just like Mr Gump said, "life is like a box of chocolates..."

No comments: