Monday, October 29, 2007

Sunday Bakings


Today I baked about two dozen muffins again. This time they came out way better then before. I am leaving you with the recipe this time. I didn't use the topping recipe though I just made my own glaze with powdered sugar, milk, margarine, salt, and vanilla. They came out AWESOME.

NEW YORK STATE APPLE MUFFINS

MUFFIN:

2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
2 c. apples, coarsely chopped
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. walnuts
3 eggs
4 oz. cream cheese, cut in sm. pieces
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla

TOPPING:

1/2 c. walnuts
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. lemon peel, grated
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 oz. butter, melted

Combine topping ingredients, set aside.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine salt, flour, sugars, spices, baking soda, set aside. Combine apples, raisins, walnuts, eggs, cream cheese, butter and vanilla.

Add dry ingredients, a little at a time to the apple mixture. Stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Portion batter into muffin paper, sprinkle with topping. Bake 20-30 minutes. Yield: 24 muffins.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Mmmm... I swear I can smell them.

Melody said...

Looks delicious.

When I was a kid my sister and I made muffins all the time. It was an obsession, I swear. But ours weren't nearly as delectable as yours sound.

Starbright said...

That looks really good!!

R.E.H. said...

Now... if only I could bake.

This got me hungry... maybe I should write down the recipe and give it a shot, huh?