Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mall Hell Part Duex









Well, what the hell do you know but my on call day has yielded another actual full work day. I so did not want to work again tonight and at the good ol' LB too. Figures my last weeks they would want to torture me as much as humanly possible. I have to work at that bastard again on Friday. Arrrgh. This was seriously supposed to be my "time off" before the real onslaught hit but I suppose this can be looked at as a warm up. I do need the money too. But one shouldn't have to torture one self in order to make it.


Anyway, the recent baby madness where I live has gotten me thinking. I'd like to have a career one day in maybe being a doula (-a woman who assists women during labor and after childbirth.) I really feel like that would be a profession I would truly enjoy. I mean in my mind I can't think of anything better then helping a women give birth to her child. I want some of my own and beside having Mik by my side would love another women who specializes in labor coaching to be by my side to help me through natural child birth.

This profession doesn't require any medical training either. As well as you can be either a labor doula or a postpartum doula which helps a new mother in any of her needs for a couple of weeks after baby is born. What a job.

After I do a bit of research maybe I will write a full blog post on what I've found out.


Have a great rest of the evening everyone. Think of me as I slave for capitalist corporate greed.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Sad. I hated working retail. I hated on-call days.

Of course, I would also not be able to handle helping someone through childbirth - I wouldn't find that at all cool.

Mostly all I'm good for is sitting at a computer all day - this is my calling.

But do let us know what you find out about your potential future career!

R.E.H. said...

Oh, yeah. Take a tip from me... don't ever think you will have a nice relaxing day - it'll jinx you in a bad way. At least, that's how it always seems to go for me.