Thursday, October 04, 2007

They may be cute to some....


So, I finally got off my arse and made myself a vegie patch, and fenced off that entire corner of my property, because of the feral, scum sucking, blood thirsty, virulent and murderous little fluffy four legged marauders that invade not only my garden, but have also in the very recent past made a nice home underneath mine.

The fencing worked a treat...until they started digging from my yard into my neighbours, then mosey on along about 2 metres up the fence, then back under, into my so called "Green Zone".
So, today was the final straw. I dug a trench along the fence where they were entering the restricted area, rolled some wire mesh up with enough sticking up out of the ground to nail to the fence, and buried it.
Unless those little arseholes learn how to use wire cutters, they're going to be shit outta luck. It's been an hour, so far, so good.

Now, are they retarded or just spiteful? Can't they take a hint that they are not welcome to my radishes and baby carrots? Or am I going to have to start playing dirty, and give them a fatal dose of lead poisoning?

I know that last statement will garner some heat, because "they're soooooo cute". Try this, please. Type "rabbit plague" into Google image search. Not so cute and harmless eh? I personally fail to see anything remotely cute about the images that come up.
This is what happens when something that "breeds like rabbits" is let loose in a country where there are no natural predators.

They may be cute to some, what we hunters call "Bambi Syndrome", but to me, they're the bane of my life and the only lush greenery I have, and I WILL WIN THIS WAR!!!

No comments: