Monday, October 29, 2007

Hypodermic Needles and Pretty Leaves




You know the town you live in has gone completely to shit when you start finding needles on the ground. I saw this one this morning on the way to work on a pretty busy street, in what I thought was a haven from all that bullshit. I swear I had flash backs of Canada and some of the crazy shennanagens I witnessed there. It also reminded me of an earlier post I did, about some crazy needle banger I used to know. It was a photo post but needles that have been used to shoot drugs are powerful in photos.






I thought the photo of the leaf was fitting, seeing as the veins of it were a beautiful green color. Love the leaf. Anyways have a good week folks.

3 comments:

R.E.H. said...

Love the connection you made with the leaf and it's green veins.

There is nothing in this world that I hate as much as drugs. They don't do anyone any good... I've seen plenty of that crap in my days. I wish to see it no more...

Do as I... say NO to drugs!

Beautifully Profound said...

I don't necessarily hate drugs. I hate that people abuse them to the point it rots them from the inside out. Ruining their own souls.

I can't claim to be a saint in that department, but in a few days I can say for the first time in years and years, I've been sober for a year. Really sober, no drugs, no alcohol. Nothing. I seriously couldn't have done it with out Mik. He has been my rock.

Mik said...

...and will always be your rock. I'm so proud of you, Erica.