Thursday, October 04, 2007

Green Zone Secured.

Just a little update on my war against ter...umm rabbits.

There looks to have been multiple attempts from the bordering nations to infiltrate the Green Zone, but as of 3:30pm today the new security measures have withstood the onslaught and no incursions have been reported. Thus far the surge seems to be working, and conditions on the ground are improving as we speak.

I am committed, as is my garden to see this fight through to the end. I know and understand there will a lot of deaths, but it's a risk I'm prepared to take, for the freedom of all green, nutritious and delicious things growing in the ground.

9 comments:

Melody said...

Glad to hear it.

Love the new bunny picture.

Mik said...

Thank you, although the picture was not done by me, as my previous attempt was hideous to say the least. I must learn how to Photoshop...

Emily said...

I know and understand there will a lot of deaths...

Deaths of bunnies? That's what you want, right? Or do you plan on harming well-meaning non-bunnies that might get caught in this war?

Beautifully Profound said...

Naaaw he isn't some kind of crazed maniac, don't worry he won't kill anything he doesn't have too. If he was kind of animal torturing freak I wouldn't be marrying him.

Mik said...

Thank you angel:D

To Emily: I plan on heavily discouraging anything that is opposed to my vegetable growing, whether it be snails, slugs or rabbits. And if lives have to be taken, I will do it as I always have and always will, humanely, quickly and as painlessly as I can. I'm not into causing unnecessary pain, of any creature, feral pest or not.
I get no thrill from killing anything...mostly:p

Melody said...

I thought slugs were good for gardens.

Mik said...

Slugs are a death sentence to seedlings. They tend to really enjoy the stems just above ground level, literally decapitating the plant.

Melody said...

Ok. Guess it's a good thing I don't garden.

Beautifully Profound said...

Mik knows his junk. He works at a nursery so he knows the way of the plant. Which is good because if we ever had to rely on me to grow food for survival we'd starve to death that is for darned sure.